Plant Rollout for Germany Based Auto Ancillary Company
AG Technologies has done
Plant Rollout with MM and
Client is a global partner for the automotive industry and an manufacturer of automotive springs,
automotive coil springs and disc springs which are complied with the highest worldwide
quality standards. Client is an innovative lightweight design specialist providing heavy duty spring
components and related products.
Client has implemented SAP in 2009 with FI, CO, SD, MM, PP, QM, HR modules and approached AG Technologies to rollout SAP at their Gurgaon Plant
The following business processes were being done at Gurgaon plant
1. Stock Transport Order
2. Purchase of Consumables and Packing Materials
3. Purchase returns from Gurgaon to Pune
4. Road Permit during Inward and Outward material movement.
5. Sales to Customer
Apart from plant roll out below Indian legal excise reports was to be developed.
RG 23 A Part I
RG 23 A Part II
RG 23 C Part I
RG 23 C Part II
RG1 – Daily Stock Register
Finished goods are transferred from Pune factory to Gurgaon plant through Stock Transfer option. These are considered as Raw Material in Gurgaon plant. Movement Types should be used for unpacking and repacking for converting the material to Finished Goods, which are then sold to end customer. AG Technologies has rolled out Plant for same company code without affecting the existing configuration settings along with successful testing for process related for newly configured Plant & Excise legal reports without any rework. Solutions highlight are as follow:
* The existing modules MM, SD which are currently being used were extended.
* Existing Purchasing Group, Purchase & Sales Organization, Business Area and chart of accounts are used for new Plant
* New document types and number ranges in MM and only document type for SD are used for this Plant.
Module wise configuration of Plant Rollout
- MM Module
o Creation of one Plant for Gurgaon along with existing organizational structure.
o Existing Purchase order types were used in the new plant.
o STO processes were configured for new Plant.
o Material masters were extended to new Plant.
o Excise Configuration
I. Excise Group
II. Series Group
III. Export & Domestic Number Ranges for new Plant
IV. Excise GL Account Determination
o New Billing Documents types for new plant were created and copying controls for same were maintained.
o Existing Sales Areas were used.
o Customer masters were extended to new Plant.
o Vendor masters were extended to new Plant.
o Stock transfer process from new plant to all existing two plants was mapped.
o Following Test scenarios were tested thoroughly for STO:
I. New Plant to One Existing manufacturing Plant.
II. Existing One manufacturing Plant to New Plant.
The Solution Benefit
1. Purchase Process: Reduced purchase cycle time, Procurement process for relevant entity, Complete inventory management & control, Complete excise reporting, Increased inventory turnover, Reduced planning cycles
2. Sales & Distribution: Better stock controlling, Accuracy in sales forecasting, Visibility of sales data which flows across all domains, Better control on open order
3. Cross application module: Accuracy of data for relevant entity, Availability of cross company data, Elimination of duel work processes
SAP Solution : SAP ECC 6.0
Modules : FI, CO, SD, MM, PP, QM, HR, ABAP & Basis
Operating System : Windows 2000 Server
Database : Oracle 9.0i